New Cartoon for My Teacher’s Union

September 2nd, 2011 · 10 Comments

Got the most recent The Gathering, the newsletter for my union, PCCFFAP, which includes my most recent cartoon for them. This one pertains to for-profit education and a DOJ lawsuit against Education Management Corporation.

cartoon for The Gatherin August 2011

I have just created a gallery page to collect these toons. Right now I am just calling it Teacher Unions, because my brain failed to think up something more clever. Stoopit brain. Suggestions welcome.

Tags: cartoons · education · unions

10 responses so far ↓

• 1 Rojo // Sep 2, 2011 at 5:33 pm

“Moore Schools”

?

• 2 Rojo // Sep 2, 2011 at 5:34 pm

That’s kind of weak, but it’s better than “Teachers Unions,” I think.

• 3 Kevin Moore // Sep 2, 2011 at 5:35 pm

It is better. But I will just have to meditate on it. With a bottle of summer ale.

• 4 Rojo // Sep 2, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Perhaps the short and sweet, but with multiple interpretations, “Schooled”

• 5 Rojo // Sep 2, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Or, if you want to go on a bit of an ego trip, “Schooled by Moore.”

• 6 Rojo // Sep 2, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Or is the use of “Schooled” that I’m referring to just a product of my NE region and generation?

Do the kids still use it, or is only “pwned” now?

• 7 Kevin Moore // Sep 2, 2011 at 6:39 pm

I like “Schooled.” I think “pwned” is Internet only, as I have only heard things like “epic” from my teen daughter.

• 8 Rojo // Sep 2, 2011 at 6:40 pm

I was trying to think up punny plays on “No Child Left Behind,” but all I could come up with was “No Child’s Left Behinds,” which not only doesn’t work, but also puts one in danger of becoming a victim of some overzealous prosecutor.

Still makes me giggle a bit though. How would you ban left behinds?

• 9 Rojo // Sep 2, 2011 at 6:52 pm

I also thought of “Blarney Duncan,” but as a title that would commit you to the character I think. However, if you ever want to use “Blarney Duncan” as a character, feel free, I won’t sue!

• 10 Kevin Moore // Sep 2, 2011 at 6:56 pm

If you sued, you get all these glorious piles of riches I horde from going Galt.

“Blarney Duncan” is pretty funny. Very old school cartoon naming. Like from the Big Foot era of the 30s.